Friday, July 22, 2011

fabulous news!

I spoke with christine white (owner of new england felting supply and friend of friend) about my project and she was very enthusiastic and helpful. I have started a few trial balls in my washing machine and testing different felts and temperatures and other variables, (load size, pantie hose type, detergents or none) Christine had excellent suggestions for wholesale suppliers of felt and also a great tip to check into Felt United! an amazing international  movement http://www.feltunited.com/  check it out here! to encourage felting as a way to connect people and encourage felting. I emailed elis ( co founder) and she thought using felt united day would be a great way to get communities . I am also recruiting some of my elementary kids to help out ( i have made balls with them out of felt as a project many  times and they are beyond eager to be a part of a "real" artists project. So we shall see! If i can make at least 63 balls every day for 20 weeks i will have enough for the project! any volunteers?!! free felting lesson in exchange for balls!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicole!

    Have you considered contacting the women's low security prison in your area? This sounds like the kind of project that could benefit both them and you- Besides, prison is a fantastic contrasting idea to play...

    ReplyDelete