Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Finished House "Interior"

I brought my needlepoint house installation entitled "Interior" to my third residency period at the end of my second semester. This was my most resolved piece yet in the program and that made a huge difference in the quality and direction of the critiques. I am currently reinstalling this in my studio at home to get better photographs with out the lovely oatmeal boards and flattering florescent lights. For details of the actual house look through my past blog posts. I also want to experiment and explore different ways of installing it perhaps eliminating the stand and finding alternative ways to support it.
Front of "Interior"
Side view

detail, floor 
detail, under table top looking inside of house
yarn tangle

hand dyed yarn in spools and balls




No comments:

Post a Comment